Based on themes explored in the book Gifts of the Dark Wood by Eric Elnes, we will study the proposition that our best help on life’s journey often comes from the most unlikely and misunderstood of places: a place known famously, or infamously, as the Dark Wood. On Wednesday evenings at 7 pm, we will watch video clips from some famous thinkers and share some of our own experiences of the Dark Wood, those times and places where we felt lost, afraid, tempted, or out of place.
Service dates and topics will include:
- March 8: The Gift of Uncertainty with Brian McLaren
- March 15: The Gift of Emptiness with Chuck Marohnic
- March 22: The Gift of Being Thunderstruck with Melvin Bray
- March 29: The Gift of Lostness with Diana Butler Bass
- April 5: The Gift of Temptation with Parker Palmer