Church of the Apostles United Church of Christ was formed in 1975 by a merger between St. Paul’s UCC and St. John’s UCC, two sister congregations in Lancaster, PA. The two churches purchased an 84-acre farm from the Brubaker family and from this vision, the Church of the Apostles emerged, giving birth to Homestead Village and a campus filled with partners such as the Parish Resource Center, the Schreiber Pediatric Center, and the American Cancer Society.
We are a congregation of the Lancaster Association in the Penn Central Conference of the United Church of Christ. As such we believe that God is still speaking.
The mission of this church is to bear witness to the love of God in Jesus Christ. This is to be done by:
- Preaching and teaching the word of God to lead persons in their journeys of faith
- Fostering life together within the community of faith
- Reaching out in faithful service to persons and groups in need
- Using our resources as faithful stewards
- Maintaining and developing our total church assets in order to serve God
- Celebrating God’s presence and promises to all who labor and trust in God’s eternal realm of justice and peace